Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A little bit of TLC!



Ok so those bent, buckled and broken pieces....I'm going to see what I can do 
to to end these little babies!


A busted backside where the bezel was obviously pushed too far into the clay, 
is patched with some fresh clay packed into the fired piece.


Once dried, re-fired and polished, its backside is looking much better, 
although there is still a small crack.


I'm trying to figure how to do this more successfully, the new section of clay is of course 
going to shrink(causing the crack), while the already fired section has already done all its shrinking...aside from refilling this smaller crack and firing it again, i'm all out of ideas of 
how to over come this! 

I'll do some research and see what I can dig up...and of course I welcome all and
 any suggestions and hints!


Once the stone is set she's not looking too bad!


2 comments:

  1. OMG I just love it to bits, how much huni?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely! I love it when my babies are loved!

    Please email me on rachmckenzie@hotmail.com

    with thanks
    R

    ReplyDelete